Our Story

We are a growing family of Christ-followers serving on God's mission with His Gospel for His glory. God has blessed us with spacious facilities for worship and discipleship - a 64,000 square foot building with a capacity for 825 people in the auditorium. But the church is really the people and the spiritual connections we share. We meet across the street from Home Depot on Pierson Road. But it didn't start out that way...
OUR PAST
... MBC began in 1929 as the Gospel Lighthouse. The first building was actually a garage located in Flint's "Mayfair District". In 1945, the church was incorporated and expanded to accommodate a growing congregation. In 1979 a new building was erected on a 20 acre site in Flushing, just two miles west of the old location in Flint.
1
OUR PRESENT
... In 2007 we completed the newest addition which holds offices, classrooms, and a new auditorium. After nearly 20 years of creative space management and small additions, we gave ourselves some room to breathe... and grow!
... In 2017 Pastor Dean Stewart began the process of retiring after 34 years of faithful service and Pastor Michael Breznau became our new Lead Pastor. We are deeply excited about reaching our community with the message and mercy of Jesus Christ in the years ahead!
 
2